Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

Seasons Greetings:

Yeah, no Kirby blog. Windows can be rather stupid.

Anyway, I wanted to tell you a little bit about about my writing adventure in November.

For those out of the loop, November is National Novel Writing Month, or NaNoWriMo for short. The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. It's pretty intense to say the least.

Surprisingly enough, I wrote a fantasy this time around. In "Rift," earth had been given magic by otherworldly, benevolent beings. However, when these creatures got killed off by another race, earth started going bonkers.

Of course, having rushed it so much, it came out pretty bad. My current plan is to return to it sometime in the future and re-write it as a graphic novel. Not being an artist, I'd have to hire someone to do the art for me.

I didn't finish my novel but I got pretty close. I stopped a week early because I couldn't decide on an ending.

I want to learn from my mistakes before continuing "Rift." Maybe I'll sign up for a creative writing class next semester.

Merry Christmas,



Me.